Search This Blog

8.15.2012

Live Fit

I think (or at least I hope) that I am not the only woman who goes through phases when it comes to diet and exercise. For the most part, I do a good job eating clean, taking vitamins and working out. But let's get real, we all know stress mixed with the hussle and bussle of every day life can get in the way of always making healthy choices. (Oh yea, my sweet tooth doesn't help either.)

Of course I want to look good, but even more importantly I found out 2 years ago that I had really high cholesterol. My overall score was 227! For someone my age, it should be well below 200. This was a turning point for me. I was not ok with being at a higher risk for heart disease and I was not interested in taking a daily medication to get this number down. I knew I had to take my health into my own hands.

Pinned Image

Last fall, I decided to follow the FREE work out plan and recommended nutrition guide in Jamie Eason's Live Fit Plan in hopes that it would help increase my all-around health. I dropped quite a bit of weight and felt really good! The BEST news of all is ... (drum roll) ... I lowered my cholesterol 47 points!

Well, my friends, it is time to get back on it. For me, being prepared is the number one thing that allows me to be successful. I have to make my food in advance, I have to pack lunches and snacks and I have to eat every 2.5-3 hours. Period. My life motto which my husband and friends know all too well is, "PEOPLE DON'T PLAN TO FAIL, THEY FAIL TO PLAN." Ain't that the truth? Jamie suggests some delicious recipes that I really love. Check them out... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.


I have been lifting weights again for the past week and I am incorporating Bikram Yoga and cardio as well. I am sore, but it hurts so good! One of these days I am going to work up the courage to try Cross Fit too.

Good luck to all of you ladies out there that "be up in the gym, workin' on your fitness!"

Jamie Eason - I wouldn't mind having her abs. Just sayin.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of the amazing, loving, confident, caring, woman, daughter, and friend you have become.
    All of us that are in your life are blessed to be loved by you. You are never too busy to help someone else. So I say, with tears in my eyes,and with true sincerity,
    Thank you for being one of my most loved people in the world.
    Always and Forever, Mom

    ReplyDelete