Search This Blog

8.05.2012

Little Bites of Heaven

This past Saturday, I hosted Girls Night IN at my house. We had a ton of delicious food and a great time catching up. For dessert I wanted to make something new, and I wanted it to be bite sized.

If you know me, you know I am a sucker for cookie dough. When I came across the recipe below I couldn't wait to whip up a batch. What could be so amazing, you ask? Get this - eggless cookie dough truffles! (Or as I like to call it... Little Bites of Heaven.) Try these. You can thank me later.


INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup milk or soy milk
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips14 oz dark chocolate candy coating

DIRECTIONS:
Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed (or stir by hand) until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.



When dough is firm enough to handle, form dough into 1″ balls and arrange on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Place sheets in freezer and let chill for 30 minutes.
Melt chocolate candy coating in microwave according to package directions. Using toothpicks as a dipping tool, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover. Tap on side of pan to remove any excess coating, and return to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until set. Store, chilled, in an airtight container for up to 1 week.




No comments:

Post a Comment