Search This Blog

8.26.2011

The Checklist.

I have very quickly realized that planning a wedding is a HUGE job. After we got engaged, I registered on The Knot and started browsing the site for ideas, suggestions, etc. The site directed me to a checklist that had over 350 items on it. 350! (Insert gasp here.) I think event planning is one of my strengths but even with 10 months left to plan, there is no time to waste. My plan of action is to get the major things out of the way so I can focus on details the last 6 months before the big day. With Brian right in the thick of preparing for the football season (Go Utes!) we make decisions together as much as possible, even if it is at midnight! This is what we have accomplished so far:

Guest list. CHECK.
Wedding date. CHECK.
Reception venue. CHECK. 
Wedding colors. CHECK.
Photographer. CHECK. (Kirstin is awesome and I love her candid style - check out her website HERE)

I am currently negotiating with two caterers and trying to finalize pricing before we choose one. I am going wedding dress shopping for the first time in the next couple of weeks and I am scouring the valley for ceremony locations. Below are some photos I have pinned on my Pinterest Board that are close to what Bri and I are envisioning.

I am obsessed with all things monochromatic

Simple elegant invitations are so classic

All white bouquets

I plan on working on some of the 300 items I still have on my checklist this weekend. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I am so glad you started your blog! I'm so excited to follow you're wedding journey :) Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete