Search This Blog

8.22.2011

2011... It's been a very good year!

I have always been fascinated by blogging. It's unbelievable what you can do with technology these days and I often wonder how in the world people survived before cell phones, Facebook and the internet. Sure, I have dabbled in blogging before but it wasn't until recently that I decided I wanted to start a blog that would give me an opportunity to document everything going on in my life.

Let me start my first blog post by saying that 2011 has been a-maz-ing. 

In January, Brian and I moved into our brand new house that we started working on last April. It was a crazy experience but we are so fortunate to live in a beautiful house that we are both now making our home.

Just when I thought things couldn't get any better, they did. On June 27, 2011 my best friend in the whole wide world proposed to me in NYC. While I was getting ready in our hotel, Brian said he was going to the lobby and returned with a beautiful bouquet of red roses. I thought it was so sweet and thoughtful of him and went on to finish primping. We decided to walk down the street to the W Hotel for a bite to eat. When we were done, Brian said he had to use the restroom (for the second time) so I decided to wait for him in the foyer - a beautiful room enclosed by glass with water trickling down, a few vases full of flowers and dim lights which made for some pretty perfect ambiance. I was people watching (one of my fave pass times) out the window and thinking how fun it was to be in the Big Apple for the week when Bri walked out of the restaurant.

We were all alone and he headed straight towards me and said, "Baby, I have to tell you something." Then the conversation went a little like this:
Brian: "I love you so much."
Me: "I love you too babe."
Brian: "The last 5 years have been the best 5 years of my life and I have something for you."
Me: "Is it a treat?"
Now... I know what you are thinking. A treat? I figured we had just eaten and maybe he was surprising me with ice cream or a cupcake! (It's no secret that I have a MAJOR sweet tooth.)
Brian: "Yea, it's a treat."

At that moment, he pulled out the most beautiful ring I have ever seen from his suit coat pocket and I immediately BURST into tears, put my head in my hands and couldn't look up. Brian got on his knee and asked me to marry him. After I got ahold of myself and took my hands away from my face all I could say was, "Yes. Oh my God! Oh my God!"

I have been walking on cloud 9 ever since. I AM GETTING MARRIED! Wedding planning has started and at this point I am just taking it all in so I can enjoy the journey.

Bri Bri, you are my best friend and I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Family and friends, get ready to par-tay! 

Pics of the room where Bri proposed!


Celebrating our engagement the following day at the Yankees Game

And... I finally got a treat!


2 comments:

  1. Ashley! Apparently I'm a FB stalker, a twitter stalker, and now a blog stalker! I AM SO EXCITED that you have a blog! And what a beautiful engagement story!! I am so excited and happy for you and Brian, and look forward to reading all about your journey! Love you!
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute ash!! I hope your better at blogging than I am!! Im so excited for you and Bri!! Marriage is bliss!! Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete